Happy summer! With a ten week old baby at home I decided to take some of my own advice and simplify my to-do list by recycling this issue’s feature article. Below you’ll find a recent article from the popular e-zine Daily Candy which includes tips from myself and my colleague, Corrine Bucher, on “Managing the Working Mom’s Mountain of To-Dos”. Just remember, delegation is your friend.
Also, the next Moms in Balance 90-Day Group Coaching Program will begin in September. You will walk away from these six group coaching sessions with:
- A clarified work/life vision
- Tools for managing guilt, fear and stress
- The ability to say “no”
- An extreme self-care practice
- A detailed plan with accountability
Hope you can join us!
Here’s to a summer with less time stressing about what you have to do and more time enjoying what you want to do.
How to Manage Your To-Do List
The following article ran in Daily Candy in March of 2008.
Do. Delegate. Drop.
Whirling too fast? The secret of the happy dervish is accurately spotting the mark. We asked life coaches Corrine Bucher and Amber Rosenberg for advice on managing the working mom’s mountain of to-do’s.
- Make a master list of all your tasks.
- Take a clean sheet of paper and make three columns: Do, Delegate, Drop.
- Put each item in a column. Don’t confuse hard choices with no choices. Remember, this is about feeling happier.
- Set yourself up to be accountable: Enroll a supporter and share your list.
Now, turn into the spin.